Maritime Properties have a variety of property rental services. We take great care and pride in the services that we offer, you can rest assured that we will cater for your every need.
Let Only Service
Our introductory service is a let only service or find a tenant service. This will include the following:
- Sourcing suitable tenants
- Agreeing terms, between you as a landlord and prospective tenants
- Carrying out full and thorough referencing checks on all applicants
- Drawing up a legally binding Assured Shorthold Tenancy, between you and the tenant
- Arranging a suitable moving in date for you and the tenant
- Arranging an inventory and return signed copy to the landlord
- Collection of initial rent and deposit. With deposit secured and monies remaining to be forwarded
- Registering new tenants for all applicable utilities and council tax after taking up to date meter readings
Fully Managed Service
Our property management option is a comprehensive management service, which allows landlords to enjoy their rental investments by alleviating any potential everyday stresses that come along with owning a buy-to-let portfolio.
This service includes all the services from our let only service with the following additional benefits:
- Rent collection and accounting
- Secure the security deposit
- Property inspections and visits (every 6 months)
- Ensuring a good upkeep of the property and carrying out effective and low cost maintenance if required
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
- Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
- End of tenancy deposit negotiations
- Ensuring that your investment is performing as it should by ensuring it is being managed effectively
Rent Guarantee Service
Our rent guarantee option has all the benefits included in the let only and management service and more! Our rent guarantee service, is where Maritime Properties will become your tenant. We will guarantee your rent to be paid on time every month in full.
This service includes all of the following benefits:
- Rent collection and accounting
- Covering all utilities for the full term
- Property inspections and visits
- Ensuring a good upkeep of the property and carry out effective and low cost maintenance if required
- Ensuring that your investment is performing as it should through effective management practices
- A guaranteed annual income every month
For tenancies entered into before 1st June 2019, please contact our office for details of the tenant fees applicable.
For tenancies beginning on or after the 1st June 2019, below is a list of our permitted payments:
• Holding deposit (per tenancy). Equal to one week’s rent.
This reserves the property whilst your application is being processed. Please Note: your holding deposit will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
• Security deposit (per tenancy, if the rent is under £50,000 per year). Five weeks’ rent.
• Security deposit (per tenancy, if the rent equals or exceeds £50,000 per year). Six weeks’ rent.
• Unpaid rent
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
• Lost key(s) or other security device(s).
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
• Variation of contract at the tenants request; £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation.
• Change of sharer at the tenant’s request £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
• Early termination (tenant’s request) at the tenants request:
If the tenant applies to leave their contract early, they will be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will not exceed the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.